Friday, February 28, 2014

Confidence

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been on lately. I've been working on an essay for my english class. This post is all about confidence.

Have you ever gone shopping and you see something you really like but you won't buy it because it isn't something you'd wear, or you're afraid it won't look good on you? It's happened to me, but the trick to getting over it, is to just be you. It's not about how "Skinny Sally" would look sooo much better, it's about expressing your individuality through your wardrobe.

Don't get me wrong, I have these moments as well. For example, I'm debating whether or not I should be the first student of my school to wear dungarees to class. I argue over what they would say when they saw me or what they would say behind my back. But then I go back to the thought that, it's my body and it's my clothing, you're not wearing it so why do you care? It's a work in progress but I'm almost positive that I'll be wearing them this spring.

And also, if you're unhappy with yourself, you're not stuck like this! (In case that's how you feel) If you feel that you could shed a few pounds, (or "stones" in case there are some Brits reading this. if  so, holla man. what's up??) then you could always watch what you eat and exercise daily! You have the power to change yourself, no one else.

The point is, always wear what you want or do what you want if it makes you feel good. (But don't kill anyone, because that's against the law and you will be jailed like wow, that's not good) You are you, and you will never be someone else. So make the most of it. If you want to wear band shirts and baggy ripped jeans with a leather jacket and black worn converse, then do it! If you want to wear a sweater vest, pinafore, knee socks, mary janes and a blazer with those really really really really cute mini-backpacks, then do it! Go for it, because you deserve to feel beautiful every day, inside and out. x You're so loved, you have no idea.

Cheers x -Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment